Bosnia: ‘ArcelorMittal Prijedor’ temporarily halts production, Investors
Company temporarily halted production.
– The allowances for this period will be paid in accordance with the law and the individual collective agreement. This is a temporary measure taken to preserve the workforce and keep all jobs – the statement reads.
The decision was made due to the difficult situation in the global steel and iron ore market, caused by the drastic drop in prices, which inevitably affected the business in Prijedor and Zenica, where this company has its facilities.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power