World: Centerra Global, Investors
The EBRD currently has a five-year revolving corporate debt facility to Centerra Gold Inc of up to US$ 150 million to finance the Company’s capital expenditures and working capital as well as acquisitions in the Bank’s countries of operation. The facility was approved by the EBRD’s Board of Directors on 27 January 2016.
The EBRD and Centerra now plan to formally include the Gatsuurt Gold Mine Project in Mongolia under the facility. As per the facility conditions, any category A projects to be included within the facility requires consideration and approval by the EBRD’s Board of Directors. In line with the Bank’s Environmental and Social Policy, the Gatsuurt project has been categorised A and has been subject to a full Environmental and Social Impact Assessment which is disclosed below.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power