Bosnia: Kuwait interested in buying Bosanski Brod refinery, News
Kuwait is interested in taking over oil refinery in Bosanski Brod, Ambassador Mehmed Halilovic told Dnevni Avaz.
Bosnian Ambassador to Kuwait did not want to disclose more details about this issue.
Officials in Kuwait also declined to comment on those speculations.
Oil Refinery is owned by Russian company Neftegazinkor but makes constant losses.
There are speculations that Russians are planning to withdraw from Republika Srpska refinery.
Avaz unofficially learned that there is a political will in both Bosnian entities to open negotiations with Kuwait.
Ambassador Halilovic recalled that Kuwait had been interested in buying OMV gas stations in Bosnia which means that speculations about its interest in entering BiH energy market through Bosanski Brod refinery are not groundless.
“If the current owner decides to sell the facility, I believe that Kuwait will be interested in buying it”, Halilovic told Avaz.
Refinery made 9.7 million KM loss in third quarter of 2015 while accumulated losses reached 536 million KM.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power