MiningWatchSEE, Macedonia: Euromax Ilovica mine to sell copper-gold concentrate to Aurubis Bulgaria based smelter, Investors
Euromax Resources Canadian mining company listed in Toronto stock exchange reported that it has entered into a term sheet for the offtake of its copper-gold concentrate production from its Ilovica mine in Macedonia with Aurubis AG, Hamburg, Germany.
Further to Company’s announcement of the 1st May 2015, in which the Company announced the receipt of in-principle eligibility from the UFK, (Garantien für Ungebundene Finanzkredite), to support the project finance on the assumption that a copper concentrate offtake agreement would be entered into with a German owned smelter, the Company has progressed discussions with Aurubis and specifically the delivery of its copper-gold concentrate to Aurubis’s Pirdop plant in Bulgaria.
Subject to the requirements of the UFK, the Company has agreed to sell up to 100% of the copper gold concentrate from its Ilovica Project for up to 10 years at market standard terms to Aurubis. Delivery will be
made DAP (as per Incoterms 2010) to the Pirdop Smelter.
The Company was advised on the offtake term sheet by Cliveden Trading AG.
“The strength and reputation of the Aurubis Group is well known in the copper concentrate market and we are delighted to have entered into this long term relationship with Aurubis. The Euromax technical team and I visited the Pirdop Smelter earlier this year and were extremely impressed by the facility. The proximity of the smelter, combined with the enhancements to our finance plan through the UFK support, is one of the strong economic advantages of the Ilovica Project. The signing of this term sheet will allow us to now rapidly progress with the UFK negotiation and the project financing we announced in May this year “, Varshan Gokool, CFO commented.
Commenting on this arrangement, Christophe Koenig, Senior Vice-President Supply Chain Management, Aurubis commented:
“We are very pleased to have Euromax Resources with its promising Ilovica project as a significant future supplier of copper concentrates to Aurubis and thus, we look forward to a long term and mutually beneficial relationship.”
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power