Montenegro lead zinc mine Brskovo will not have waste tailings dam in Mojkovac community, News
The new Brskovo Mine uses best practice waste management approaches, and does not require a tailings dam.
Mining waste from the open-pits and processing waste from the plant will be combined and stored in dry, solid form, called an Integrated Waste Management Facility, located next to the open pits in the project area, 2.5km from the town of Mojkovac.
Avoiding a tailings facility has many advantages: it requires a smaller footprint, the facility has greater stability, and can be built and rehabilitated in stages during operations. Each stage will be covered with grasses and shrubs, giving the area a natural appearance.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power