NPP Paks 2 Hungary Serbia silent public hearing, impacts, diplomacy & lobbyists, NGOs
The neighboring NPP Paks 2 raised recently severe concerns in Serbian public because of the silent and secret public consultations which were organized by Serbian environment ministry.
Nuclear power plant Paks 2 environment impact procedure presumes the consultations in all neighboring countries. While the energy environment experts, public and environment NGOs from Hungary and
surrounding countries have severe remarks on Paks 2 NPP project, Serbian public consultations were realized in complete discretion. The reason for that silent public consultation on NPP Paks 2 in Serbia
could be effectiveness the lobbyists and alliance with Serbian environment ministry to conduct the public consultations in quiet and without any public announcements.
New NPP Paks 2 location is just 63km from Hungarian-Serbian border. Despite the obvious impacts and potential issues Serbian held public consultation was held in the presence of only 30 participants, majority of them were Hungarian delegation and lobbyists with only few experts and no representatives of any of the environment institutions or NGOs.
The neighboring NPP Paks 2 raised recently severe concerns in Serbian public because of the silent and secret public consultations which were organized by Serbian environment ministry and according to latest
statements from expert professor Dragana Janjic it was absolutely irresponsible to hide such an event. Remains unclear why the Serbian environment minister Snezana Bogosavljevic did not alarmed the Serbian
expert circles on this NPP Paks 2 public hearing concludes Janjic.
All Europe is on high alert because of NPP Paks 2, impacts from potential problems could be severe for Serbian citizens. Prof. Janjic says that Hungarian lobbysts must have influenced the Serbian environment ministry to keep under the radar and that’s why the public hearing was held in secret.
Serbian environment ministry PR office did confirmed that public hearing was held on 5 and 6 november 2015 but without the details on issues, remarks, questions and number of participants.
Green Party leader Ivan Karic also confirmed that they were not aware of the public hearing and noted that state environment policy cant be managed with diplomacy tools as the impacts could be severe for Serbia. Hungarian Paks 2 lobbyist did won this game in Serbia.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power