Romania: CEFC China Energy aquires 51 percent of Rompetrol’s stakes, Investors
Chinese group CEFC China Energy Company Limited will pay USD 680 million to buy a 51% stake in Dutch-based oil & gas group KMG International, the former Rompetrol Group, which has most of its business in Romania.
The Chinese group announced the deal’s value on May 3, in a press release.
In the next five years, CEFC will invest at least EUR 3 billion in energy projects, and the investments will be carried out via the development fund established by the Kazakh group KazMunayGas and the Romanian Government.
The Chinese group and the state-owned KazMunayGas signed an agreement last month to build a joint venture where China Energy Company has a stake of 51% and KMG holds the remaining 49%.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power