Romania: OMV Petrom and ExxonMobil invest USD 1.5 bln in Black Sea, Investors
The two companies plan to invest many billions more in order to attain their goal of selling the natural gas discovered in the Black Sea’s Neptun block
OMV Petrom and America’s ExxonMobil have successfully finalized the second drilling campaign in the Neptun block where the two companies have invested a total of EUR 1.5 bln since 2008, Gabriel Selischi, OMV Petrom Board member for Upstream activity, stated on Thursday. OMV Petrom has contributed 50 per cent of that sum.
“We drilled seven wells in this block and most of them encountered gas pockets. We have sufficiently encouraging results to continue assessing the commercial viability. The final investment decision is estimated in approximately two years,” Selischi said, Agerpres informs.
According to him, since these are just gas pockets, the project is not influenced in any way by oil prices, which collapsed in recent years.
“We are on schedule with this project and we plan to continue its implementation starting in 2018, if commercial viability is proven. We don’t know as yet what solutions we will tackle. We will have to drill dozens of wells, to build a pipeline, so we are talking about investments running into several billion Euros or Dollars. I know there is a great deal of impatience around this project, however if you compare this project with the highway projects, especially the highways crossing mountains, you will see that we are making progress,” the OMV Petrom official added.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power