Romania Raises Over Eur 2.9 Bln from Environmental Taxes, News
Romania raised over EUR 2.9 billion from environmental taxes in 2013, which represented 7.5% of the total revenue from taxes and social contributions that year.
Between 2003 and 2013, the amounts collected by Romania from environmental taxes doubled, from EUR 1.2 billion to over EUR 2.9 billion in 2013, according to European Union’s statistical office Eurostat. However, their share in the total tax revenue decreased from 8.5% to 7.5%.
The energy taxes have the largest shares in the environment taxes (86%), followed by transport taxes (14%).
At EU level, environment taxes had a 6.3% share in the total tax revenue in 2013. The energy shares had the largest contribution, of over three quarters.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power