Romania: Thermal power plant in Bucharest converted to cogeneration unit, Investors
Bucharest’s thermal energy supplier RADET will convert the heat power plant located in the Casa Presei building, in the north of Bucharest, into a cogeneration plant.
RADET’s board approved last week a EUR 8.2 million investment to convert the power plant.
The inhabitants in the north of the capital will mostly benefit from this investment, which will reduce the losses in the heat distribution network.
The Bucharest City Hall still needs to approve RADET’s budget for next year, which includes the investment for the power plant’s conversion. RADET has been facing big financial problems and has been relying heavily on subsidies received from the City Hall and the Government.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power