Romania: USD 20mln to be invested by Eldorado Gold at Certej, Investors
The company has spent some USD 15.8 million last year in Romania, “mainly on geotechnical and metallurgical testing, site preparation and engineering studies”. In total, Eldorado announces, it has spent USD 30 million on exploration activities, which were conducted at 17 projects including early-stage, brownfields and in-mine programs in Turkey, China, Brazil, Greece and Romania and included 58,000 meters of drilling.
“In Romania, five exploration projects were drilled in the Certej area. A total of 5,100 meters of drilling were completed at the Muncel VMS deposit aimed at identifying gold-rich areas within the base metal system. At Magura, 8,900 meters of drilling targeted down-dip and along-strike extensions of high-grade veins that were historically explored in underground workings. At the newly acquired Certej North exploration license, 4,700 meters of drilling were completed intersecting broad zones of peripheral porphyry and epithermal-style alteration/mineralization. Drilling programs also tested the P. Avram prospect (1,700 meters) and porphyry targets on the Deva exploration license (650 meters),” a company statement reads.
Eldorado Gold is a Canadian low-cost gold producer with over 20 years of experience building and operating gold mines in Europe, Asia and South America. It currently has operating mines in Greece, Turkey and China, while the mine in Certej is still in the evaluation and development stage.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power