Serbia: Chinese companies Huadian-Tianin offered 1,15 billion Eur for Kovin coal mine development & construction of new TPP, News
Coal mine Kovin awaits the entrance of Chinese investors which announced 1,15 billion EUR initial investment into mine modernization and production increase.
Chinese companies China Huadian and Tianin Dredging are awaiting the decision from Serbian Ministry of economy on the proposed MoU on strategic partnership, which includes the investment into underwater coal exploration, and construction of coal fired power plant 700MW.
According to the reports from local Blic daily pending decision is delayed from economy ministry but reasons are unclear. Ministry claims that decision lies on the Ministry of energy and mining.
Chinese companies offer investments into coal mine which has confirmed reserves for another 20 years of exploration.
Ministry of energy and mining claim that coal mine reserves have to be verified by regional Vojvodina government, which has its own secretariat for mining.
Representatives of Kovin mine stated that Serbia should decide fast on this Chinese offer as the incomes would be significant from this project. Only from electricity sales Serbian budget would get 50MEUR per year for VAT and with construction of power plant 700 people would be employed.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power