Bosnia: Construction of 1 billion KM worth TPP Banovici to start next year, Investors
This was said on Friday during the visit of the Federal Prime Minister Fadil Novalic, Director of BiH power company “Elektroprivreda BiH” Bajazit Jasarevic and Prime Minister of Tuzla Canton Bego Gutic to Coal Mine Banovici.
The construction of this important facility will last three to four years, and should be put into operation in late 2019.
Banovici Mine has the capacity to supply TPP with coal for the next 40 years. About 30 percent of works will be entrusted to local companies, which will enhance the construction and metal industry in Tuzla Canton.
“We have not built anything like this for 40 years. The time has come for building blocks, which are much safer and more useful,” said Novalic.
Construction of the power plant will not endanger the Block 7 of the Tuzla thermal power plant. In the coming months, “Elektroprivreda BiH” will make a plan of needs of TPP Banovici for brown coal. Block 7 also expects concrete progress.
Brown Coal Mine Banovici, which employs about 3,000 workers, ended 2014 with a profit of more than four million KM. It produced more than six million tons of coal.
Contract on construction of TPP Banovici is worth around 1 billion KM.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power