Serbia: Freeport-McMoran mining activities and investments in copper-gold project, News
Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic, during his US tour, met with the representatives of the company Freeport-McMoRan, who informed him about the progress of the copper and gold mining project Chukaru Peki in a location four kilometres north of Bor.
Senior Vice President for Exploration at Freeport-McMoRan Richard Leveille expressed satisfaction with the company’s work in Serbia so far and underlined that they wanted it to serve as a model of a successful foreign investment in Serbia.
He said that Freeport-McMoRan would invest $18.73 million this year in the extension of research on the project Chukaru Peki near Bor.
Vucic asked representatives of this company to help the Serbian government to find a strategic partner for the Mining and Smelter Basin (RTB) Bor.
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- May 28, 2023 Rivers of the Balkans: the Kupa of Karlovac
- May 27, 2023 The Skouries Project: Delivering Social & Economic Benefits in Greece
- May 27, 2023 Renewables won’t be truly sustainable without greener mining practices