Serbia: Step ahead in Refinery Modernisation, Investors
NIS has successfully completed additional modernisation works in two refining plants in Pančevo and thus ensured the reliability of operation and increase in petroleum product output.
The works, which lasted for a month, were performed in the largest refinery plant for the production of gasoline components and gases (FCC complex) and in the Alkylation Unit which produces high-octane components used to obtain top-quality gasoline.
NIS invested more than three million euros into this stage of modernisation of the Pančevo Oil Refinery.
The market was regularly supplied with all petroleum products for the entire duration of the works, given that sufficient stocks had been ensured by increasing the production in advance of the start of the works.
“In addition to the positive financial effect it had on NIS’ refinery business, additional modernisation will also have a direct impact on reducing particulate matter, which is an important environmental aspect of the modernisation,” highlighted Mr Aurel Bogdan, Director of Production Department of NIS Refining.
Stringent procedures and all environmental standards were followed in the performance of the additional modernisation works at the Pančevo Oil Refinery and therefore there were no adverse effects on the environment during the performance of works.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power