Vestas receives 106-MW turbine order for Greek market, News
Wind turbines manufacturer Vestas has won a 106-MW order to develop optimal solutions for several sites in Greece, the company has announced in a statement.
The order includes the supply and installation of 14 V136-4.2 MW, five V136-3.6 MW and eight V117-3.6 MW turbines, while, to optimize wind energy solutions for specific climatic conditions at sites, some of the V136-4.2 MW turbines will be equipped with Vestas’ Anti-Icing System, minimizing ice formation on blades to maximize energy production in cold weather conditions, the company statement added.
“Leveraging our ability to develop site-specific solutions and our competitiveness in the new auction system have been key factors in winning this order. Together with local partners, we are breaking new grounds for wind energy in Greece, highlighted by the fact that we, for the first time, are able to apply our expertise in cold-climate solutions in a Mediterranean country like Greece,” noted Marios Zangas, Head of Vestas Hellas.
Besides the supply and installation of the wind turbines, the contract also includes a 20-year Active Output Management 4000 service agreement. Turbine delivery is planned for the second and third quarter of 2019, and commissioning is planned for the third quarter of 2019.
Vestas emerged as a frontrunner in the Greek wind market in 1986 and has since installed around 1.4 GW of wind turbines, the company noted, while this latest order reinforces the company’s leading position in the market with a market share of over 50 percent, it added.
Vestas designs, manufactures, installs and services wind turbines across the globe. The company has installed 97 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power