BiH power company to build small hydro power plants in Vares, News
Bosnian state-controlled power utility Elektroprivreda BiH plans to build five small hydro power plants in the municipality of Vares, the municipal authorities said.
Vares officials met last week with members of Elektroprivreda’s board for capital investments and officials from the Zenica-Doboj Canton to discuss the power utility’s planned capital investments, the municipality said after the meeting.
The local community has already issued water permits for the construction of three SHPPs.
Work on the project can begin once the government of the Zenica-Doboj canton grants the approval.
The hydro power plants will be built on the rivers Stavnja and Tribija.
Although the projects will not create local jobs, the municipality stands to profit from concession fees.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power