Bosnia and Herzegovina takes steps to comply with Third Energy Package, News
An Energy Community Secretariat delegation headed by Director Kopač participated in a ministerial meeting on Bosnia and Herzegovina’s obligations under the Energy Community Treaty. Bosnia and Herzegovina was represented by State Minister of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations, Mirko Šarović, Energy Minister of Republic of Srpska, Petar Đokić, and Energy Minister of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Nermin Džindić.
The Ministerial meeting was able to put the final touches on the draft Third Energy Package compliant electricity market law. The law will now undergo legal scrubbing before being submitted to Parliament in mid-May 2016. It was agreed that only one more round of consultations would be required to finalise the draft gas market law, which would transpose the Third Energy Package requirements in Bosnia and Herzegovina and could be ready in May. Welcoming the outcomes of the meeting, Director Kopač said: “If Bosnia and Herzegovina finalizes the draft gas market law and submits it to the Parliament before the summer, it will be on good track to jump out of the measures adopted by the 2015 Ministerial Council for failure to adopt compliant gas market legislation”.
The meeting participants agreed to establish dedicated working groups to steer the implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive and the Oil Stocks Directive. In addition, Bosnia and Herzegovina committed to submitting a roadmap on the implementation of the Sulphur in Fuels Directive to the Secretariat until June 2016. The non-implementation of the Sulphur in Fuels Directive is currently subject to a dispute settlement procedure.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power