Bulgaria to sign offshore oil, gas offshore exploration deal with Shell, Investors
Bulgaria is expected to sign Tuesday an offshore oil and gas exploration deal with Shell Exploration and Production B.V., the Bulgarian Council of Ministers said in a press statement.
The deal concerns the 1-14 Silistar Block in the exclusive economic zone of Bulgaria in the Black Sea. It will be signed by Bulgarian energy minister Ms. Temenuzhka Petkova and Shell regional VP Ms. Eileen Wilkinson. Bulgarian prime-minister Mr. Boiko Borissov is also expected to attend the signing ceremony.
Shell follows French Total, Austrian OMV and Spanish Repsol into Bulgarian offshore exploration opportunities. The Total-led consortium has been granted a permit for the Han Asparuh Block and drilling is expected to start this year.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power