Bulgarian electricity exports increased, News
Over 33 million MWh electricity made in the country during the period January-August, ESO data shows.
Electric power export has grown by a little over 35% for the first 8 months of the year, show the statistics of the ESO (Electricity System Operator) on the production and consumption of electricity.
The data shows that for the period January-August 2014 from Bulgaria have been exported 5.6 million MWh electricity. For the same period this year have been exported 7.7 million MWh.
This is partly due to the high temperatures boosting power consumption in Bulgaria and the demand by countries traditionally buying from Bulgarian producers.
On the other hand the power transmission to Greece was enhanced to 700 MWh this year and the enhancement was used during the hot summer months.
The main markets of Bulgarian producers are neighboring countries, whereby the biggest share is held by Greece, as well as Macedonia, Turkey, Serbia and Romania.
The ESO data also shows that the electricity production in Bulgaria is up by 9.36% to 33.1 million MWh. A great part of the energy is used in the country – 26.1 million MWh.
Electricity consumption increased by 3.3% in the first 8 months of the year.
The significant increase in electricity production from WPPs draws the attention, as it gained a little over 63% to 4.82 million MWh in total.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power