Construction of a new 600 MW energy group in Romania kicks off next year, News
Thermal electricity producer Complexul Energetic Oltenia, together with Chinese company China Huadian Engineering, will start the construction of a 600 MW energy group in Rovinari next year. The investment amounts to EUR 847 million.
The building of the energy group will take at least three years, said Laurentiu Ciurel, Complexul Energetic Oltenia’s general manager, cited by local Mediafax.
The Romanian electricity producer will have a 10% stake in the project, but this could increase up to 49%, based on the company’s financial capacities, according to Ciurel.
The Government approved a memorandum of understanding with the Chinese group for building the 600 MW group in Rovinari at the beginning of September. Complexul Energetic Oltenia is Romania’s biggest thermal electricity producers. The company has big financial problems and needs restructuring.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power