EBRD considers 8.5MEUR loan for Bosnia TSO Co EMS and SCADA system, Investors
The EBRD is considering extending a corporate loan to Nezavisni operator sistema u Bosni i Hercegovini (“ISO”) of up to EUR 8.5 million for i) upgrade of Emergency Management System (EMS) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system; ii) implementation of new IT systems and iii) construction of ISO premises
The Project is critical to the liberalisation and market opening process in Bosnia and Herzegovina (“BiH”). The state of the art EMS/SCADA systems will improve significantly the country’s power system reliability and stability and will be the first important step towards the full implementation of a smart grid in the country, leading to significant reduction of losses and grid carbon emissions.
The Project will support the integration of renewable power in the system and will help reduce losses and carbon intensity of the BiH energy sector in line with international best practices. State of the art SCADA, EMS and IT equipment will be installed, which will ensure ISO can perform its tasks in the unbundled and competitive environment.
The Project will create a platform for greater competition in BiH and allow for penetration of independent power producers. It will enable regional market integration and it will lead to improvements in cross-border trade and allocation of capacity.
ISO is a state owned company responsible for operation of the electricity transmission system in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Loan in the amount of up to EUR 8.5 million
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power