FB&H: Memorandum signed with a Chinese regarding the construction of HPP, Investors
Memorandum of understanding and cooperation on implementation of the project of construction of the hydro power plant (HE) “Dabar” was signed yesterday by the Minister of Industry, Energy and Mining Petar Đokić, on behalf of the Government of Republika Srpska, and the Director General of the office of the Chinese company “China International Water & Electric Corporation” (CWE) in Serbia Chen Liang.
“This is about the readiness on cooperation which should bring new dynamics to the implementation of the project of construction of HE “Dabar”, which is in the system Gornji horizonti, with intended capacity of 159.15 megawatts and whose total value should amount to around 180 million EUR,” said the Minister Đokić.
Đokić highlighted that this one, as well as other companies, will have the opportunity to participate in a public contest for the selection of contractors, but he believes that the Chinese company can be a good partner to the Government of RS in this project.
Director of “Elektroprivreda RS” Branislava Milekić specified that the signing of this agreement created preconditions for realization of cooperation in terms of access to certain studies and technical documentation, so that the Chinese company could check for possibility to gain necessary means from the Central Bank of China for participation in this project.
However, Milekić claims that the Memorandum signed yesterday does not grant any exclusive rights to the CWE, “but only improves the competition for the implementation of this project”.
Chen Liang said that it is a great honor for CWE to participate in this project.
“Signing of this memorandum is just a starting point and the first step, and we will do everything to submit the best bid for the HE Dabar,” Liang said.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power