FiBH: Opening of a mine and thermal power plant, News
Opening of the surface coal mining at the locality of “Kotezi” in Bugojno is increasingly certain, confirmed the Mayor of Bugojno Hasan Ajkunić.
“At the recent meeting with the relevant federal minister, the Public enterprise ‘Elektroprivreda BiH’, as the bearer of future activities, is ordered to enter the procedure of establishing a Dependent Society ‘Mine and Thermal Power Plant Bugojno’. Moreover, the ‘Elektroprivreda BiH’ and the Dependent Society Coal Mine ‘Gračanica’ Gornji Vakuf/Uskoplje are tasked with continuing geological research in Kotezi,” Ajkunić said.
According to Ajkunić, this is a big step forward in the implementation of the “project of the future”, launched back in 1997.
“The letter we received on March 5, signed by the Minister of Energy, Mining and industry of FBiH Nermin Džindić, confirmed the decision of the Government of FBiH from 2010 that declared the mine and thermal power plant in Bogojno a public interest and priority electrical energy facilities,” Ajkunić stresses.
Ajkunić is convinced that all planned activities will be completed within two years and that conditions will be created for the beginning of implementation of the strategic project for the development of Bugojno and the entire region.
“’Elektroprivreda BiH’ must form a working team , which will include representatives of the relevant federal ministry, the Central Bosnia Canton and the municipalities Bugojno, Donji Vakuf and Gornji Vakuf/Uskolje, in order to define the guidelines for opening of the deposit and construction of the mine and thermal power plant Bugojno,” Ajkunić said.
Management of the deposit of Bugojno neogene basin will be defined by the FBiH Government based on the results of research that will be conducted in that area.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power