Greece to review Eldorado’s permits by end March, News
Greece will evaluate Canadian Eldorado Gold’s permits by the end of March, its Energy Minister Panos Skourletis said.
The Vancouver-based miner has been developing a mine construction in northern Greece, seen as the biggest foreign investment in the overindebted country.
Eldorado said in January it was suspending construction at its Skouries project and warned that it would do the same at its Olympias project if it did not receive a premit by the end of March.
“The company has submitted (for approval) specific studies,” Skourletis told Greek state television ERT. “They will be reviewd by the end of March.”
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power