London Mining Network to give testimony ahead of Rio Tinto AGM, News
Ahead of Rio Tinto’s 2023 AGM, London Mining Network has invited community members and activists from Serbia, Madagascar and the USA to come to London to speak on their experiences organising against the Anglo-Australian mining giant.
On 5 April, LMN will be hosting an event at the Human Rights Action Centre where our speakers will give their testimony on the harms done by Rio Tinto in their countries, and how networks of international support can provide redress. Supporters are invited to take part in the event and put questions to the panel.
LMN states: “With Rio Tinto celebrating its 150th anniversary and positioning itself as a key actor in the transition away from fossil fuels, the need to hold this company to account has never been greater.”
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power