Macedonia: Energy strategy projects construction of new 300MW TPP Mariovo, Investors
Draft for Energy Development in Macedonia by 2035th plans to build new coal thermal power plants “Mariovo”, with power of 300 megawatts.
The construction will last from 2031st until 2035th, when it is expected that thermal power plant Bitola will stop operating, which will be reconstructed by 2020th. After 2035th, two power stations – “Mariovo” and “Oslomej”.
There is also plan that energy sector support hydropower plant “Boskov most”, “Crni kamen” and “Lukovo polje” and it is planned to build another HPP “Spilje”.
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- June 3, 2023 EU reveals Critical Raw Materials Act – Will the law affect lithium mining in Serbia?
- June 3, 2023 Tremor fears lay down hurdles for Germany’s lithium mining plans
- June 2, 2023 Eastern EU countries will make or break the bloc’s 2030 renewables goal