Macedonia: Russian Company “Solvay” Announces Investments of EUR 40 Million in Mining Industry, Investors
In the investigations of copper ore in the municipality of Pehcevo, which began in 2010, the Russian mining company “Solvay” invested over EUR 4,000,000.
After receiving the permission for mining of copper and after signing a contract for concession between the Ministry of Economy and the company “Kadiica metal” a new investment of around EUR 40 million was announced in the next period for opening the mine “Solvej”.
Professionals from “Solvay” explain that the cathode copper from the mine near Pehcevo will be obtained by ‘leaching’ – a technological process similar to that applied in the Radovis mine ‘Bucim’, and will be applied in the mine ‘Kazan Dol’ in Valandovo. That means, they explain, that the whole area will be protected from the environmental aspect.
– In the opening of the mine we look into a great opportunity for economic development of Pehcevo because EUR 500 to EUR 700 thousand will flow in the budget from the concession fee. Many of the 600 registered unemployed persons, of which 400 are actively seeking for work will get a chance for employment, the Mayor of Pehcevo Igor Popovski says.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power