Macedonia: Russian Company “Solvay” Announces Investments of EUR 40 Million in Mining Industry, Investors
In the investigations of copper ore in the municipality of Pehcevo, which began in 2010, the Russian mining company “Solvay” invested over EUR 4,000,000.
After receiving the permission for mining of copper and after signing a contract for concession between the Ministry of Economy and the company “Kadiica metal” a new investment of around EUR 40 million was announced in the next period for opening the mine “Solvej”.
Professionals from “Solvay” explain that the cathode copper from the mine near Pehcevo will be obtained by ‘leaching’ – a technological process similar to that applied in the Radovis mine ‘Bucim’, and will be applied in the mine ‘Kazan Dol’ in Valandovo. That means, they explain, that the whole area will be protected from the environmental aspect.
– In the opening of the mine we look into a great opportunity for economic development of Pehcevo because EUR 500 to EUR 700 thousand will flow in the budget from the concession fee. Many of the 600 registered unemployed persons, of which 400 are actively seeking for work will get a chance for employment, the Mayor of Pehcevo Igor Popovski says.
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- March 25, 2023 North Macedonia, EU provides 70 million euros for largest environmental protection project
- March 20, 2023 Europe, Mining of key minerals without environmental pollution
- March 14, 2023 Activists call on EU to better protect nature from energy infrastructure in the Western Balkans