Montenegro: Concessions for two SHPPs granted, Investors
The Government of Montenegro has adopted reports on the procedures for granting concessions for the construction of two small hydropower plants – Vinicka and Ljevak.
Therefore, the Government has signed concession agreement with local company Rudi Energy for the construction of SHPP Vinicka on Vinicka river and with local company Simes Inzenjering for the construction of SHPP Ljevak on Ljevak river. SHPP Ljevak will have installed capacity of 550.8 kW and annual generation of 2,794 MWh of electricity, while SHPP Vinicka will have installed capacity of 724 kW and annual generation of 2,616 MWh.
At the same time, local company BB Hidro has submitted a request for obtaining spatial-technical conditions for the construction of SHPP on Slatina river to the Ministry of Sustainable Development. SHPP Slatina will have installed capacity of 705 kW and annual electricity generation of 2,063 MWh. BB Hidro plans to build a total of seven SHPPs in Montenegro.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power