Pasinex DSO Zinc Production Continues at Pinargozu, News
Pasinex Resources Limited today announced it has completed two separate lot sales of high grade direct shipping zinc mineral material from its Pinargozu zinc mine in Adana province, Turkey. One lot was an oxide zinc mineral (predominantly the zinc mineral smithsonite), while the second lot sale was a sulphide mineral (sphalerite) which was also high grade direct shipping material.
Steve Williams, President and CEO of Pasinex commented, “These latest lot sales included some sulphide mineralized material. This is significant because sulphide mineralization has greater concentration of zinc due to this being predominantly a massive Zn mineral called sphalerite. Therefore, this has even further improved the overall grade of the product we are selling. This is the first sulphide zone we have mined at Pinargozu. What this means to the Joint Venture is improved cash flow due to a higher overall grade of the DSO (direct shipping ore). It also is important geologically because we are now starting to see sulphides in a system that has, to date, been all oxide mineralization. Naturally, we are very excited to have encountered the sulphide zone.”
The Horzum JV has been operating profitably for the first three months of this year and continues to exceed the plan. Ten mining faces have now been opened and the Company will continue ramping up production by mid-year.
Pasinex Resources Limited is a base-metal and precious-metal focused Company with a goal to build a mid-tier international mining company. The Company’s initial priority is to build a prospective portfolio of base-metal opportunities in Turkey. The Company has a strong technical management team with many years of experience in mineral exploration and mining project development. The focus of Pasinex is to build a mid-tier zinc company based on their Turkey zinc projects.
The Pinargozu mine is included in the 50-50 company, Horzum Arama Isletme AS (Horzum AS), which is a corporate joint venture between Pasinex and Turkish mining house, Akmetal Madencilik San ve Tic. AS (Akmetal AS). Akmetal A.S is one of Turkey’s largest family-owned conglomerates with the past-producing Horzum zinc Mine nearby.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power