Petromanas Receives Notification of Successful Bid on Block 4 Onshore Albania, News
Petromanas Energy has announced that the Albanian National Agency of Natural Resources (‘AKBN’) has advised that the Company, together with its joint venture partner Royal Dutch Shell, is the successful bidder for Block 4, onshore Albania, following an international auction. Block 4, which spans approx. 560,000 gross acres (874 sq miles), is located southeast of the Company’s current Production Sharing Contract (‘PSC’) comprising Blocks 2-3.
‘Block 4 was the clear focus of our bidding activity as it is on-trend with Shpirag, the location of the Company’s oil discovery, and Molisht on Blocks 2-3,’ said Mr. Glenn McNamara, CEO of Petromanas. ‘We view our successful bid as a confirmation of the joint venture’s commitment to oil exploration in Albania.’
The award is conditional and subject to finalizing detailed negotiations with the Ministry of Energy and the AKBN for the main terms and conditions of the petroleum agreement and necessary government approvals. The application for Block 4 reflects joint venture interests of 25% for Petromanas and 75% for Royal Dutch Shell, who will also operate. The conclusion of a definitive PSC is also subject to the approval of Petromanas and its joint venture partner.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- March 30, 2023 North Macedonia, 369 million euros of public money going up in smoke
- March 30, 2023 EU policymakers lack conviction when it comes to Europe’s renewable energy transition
- March 30, 2023 Bulgaria, Between coal past and a bright green future