Romania: Chemicals producer finishes EUR 14 mln cogeneration plant, Investors
Local chemicals producer Chimcomplex Borzesti has invested EUR 14.35 million in a cogeneration plant on its platform, which it put into use last week.
The project was co-financed through the European Regional Development Fund. The plant’s energy efficiency surpasses 91%, reports local Economica.net. Following the project’s implementation, the CO2 emissions will go down by 17,800 tonnes per year.
Chimcomplex made another energy investment in a cogeneration plant in 2009. This produces the electricity and heat needed in the company’s manufacturing processes.
The firm has reduced its energy costs by 42% following the two investments, becoming one of the most advanced chemical plants in Europe.
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- May 28, 2023 Rivers of the Balkans: the Kupa of Karlovac
- May 27, 2023 The Skouries Project: Delivering Social & Economic Benefits in Greece
- May 27, 2023 Renewables won’t be truly sustainable without greener mining practices