Romanian thermal electricity producer hires consultant for restructuring plan, News
Thermal electricity producer Complexul Energetic Oltenia (CEO) will hire a consultancy company to elaborate a restructuring plan and analyze how many of its power units should continue operating.
The contract, which will be granted through a public procurement process, could amount to about EUR 1 million, said Ion Petroniu, the director of CEO’s Development Strategies Division, cited by local Economica.net.
The company will not lay off other employees, as it had recently dismissed 2,000 people. The company has externalized another 1,070 people, so the number of employees went down to 15,400.
The renewable energy producers have driven down the selling prices in the domestic energy market, forcing the thermal producer to adopt measures to increase productivity, said the company’s representatives.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power