Serbia rich with gold – Existence of significant gold ore deposit near Bor confirmed, News
Results of a geological research by the U.S. mining company Freeport McMoRan in the vicinity of Bor are very good, says Serbian Mining Minister Aleksandar Antic.
It is a significant gold ore deposit, possibly a world-class one, said the minister.
– With great joy we all follow closely the activities of Freeport at Chukaru Peki and look forward to good results – Antic said at a ceremony marking the Miners Day in Bor.
We hope that this company will start mining for gold as soon as possible, Aaid antic.
The minister also stressed that miners should not be worried about their future, that new mines would be opened and new miners employed because Serbia had been and would always be a country of miners.
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- March 25, 2023 North Macedonia, EU provides 70 million euros for largest environmental protection project
- March 20, 2023 Europe, Mining of key minerals without environmental pollution
- March 14, 2023 Activists call on EU to better protect nature from energy infrastructure in the Western Balkans