Serbia rich with gold – Existence of significant gold ore deposit near Bor confirmed, News
Results of a geological research by the U.S. mining company Freeport McMoRan in the vicinity of Bor are very good, says Serbian Mining Minister Aleksandar Antic.
It is a significant gold ore deposit, possibly a world-class one, said the minister.
– With great joy we all follow closely the activities of Freeport at Chukaru Peki and look forward to good results – Antic said at a ceremony marking the Miners Day in Bor.
We hope that this company will start mining for gold as soon as possible, Aaid antic.
The minister also stressed that miners should not be worried about their future, that new mines would be opened and new miners employed because Serbia had been and would always be a country of miners.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power