Greek Court Rules in Favor of Eldorado Gold, News
The Council of State, Greece’s supreme court on administrative and environmental interest matters, has issued two court decisions in favor of Hellas Gold SA, Eldorado’s subsidiary in Greece, announced the company.
Both decisions concern Hellas Gold’s rights to the use of woodland and site clearing rights for the implementation and construction of Eldorado’s gold/copper mining project in Skouries, Chalkidiki, northern Greece.
“The Council of State decisions confirm once again the legality of our activities in northern Greece. This will allow Eldorado to accelerate construction activities at our Skouries Project in Chalkidiki, generating additional long term employment opportunities for the Greek people and taxes to the Greek government. Mining is one of the industries that can help kickstart the Greek economy and support the beginnings of a recovery,” said Eldorado CEO Paul Wright.
Hellas Gold and the mining workers employed in the company’s goldmines in Skouries took legal action against the Greek government, after the latter announced it would be recalling the permit for a processing plant on the site and reviewing the terms under which it was issued.
Eldorado is a leading low-cost gold producer with mining, development and exploration operations in Turkey, China, Greece, Romania and Brazil. The company’s success to date is based on a low-cost strategy, a highly skilled and dedicated workforce, safe and responsible operations and long-term partnerships with the communities where it operates.
- June 14, 2023 The Serbian Institute for Critical Materials launches a regional mining platform for knowledge exchange
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- August 13, 2023 Environment South East Europe Watch temporarily suspends the activity
- August 9, 2023 Regional Coalition Aims to Protect Up to 400 Kilometres of Rivers Across Southeast Europe
- August 9, 2023 Meeting Serbia’s Energy Needs: A Smart Siting Map for Solar Power